- About This Product
DescriptionThis kit is designed to allow the '09-'20, Ram truck owners to manually disable the front wheel drive mechanism by holding the hubs free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD-Low range. Allows to have full power and torque while in a high gear reduction applied to the rear axle(s) only.
With this BD kit installed, the front wheels will NOT be driven through the transfer case.
- Installation is simple, the kit plugs in below the glove box
- No wire cutting or splicing and no wires through the firewall
- Kit comes with an illuminated rocker switch for control and to indicate when the front axle is being overridden
- Designed to allow the operator to manually disable the front wheel drive mechanism by holding the hubs in the free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD low range
- By allowing the front wheels to be disengaged, maximum torque is available to the rear wheels
- This will also allow for sharp "All The Way Over" turns without the front axle u-joint hopping or binding
'13-'20 Ram 3500
'14-'20 Ram 2500
'09-'20 Ram 1500
ReviewsWrite a review
Aug 5, 2017 | By Leon
Easy install, great product, easy to use
FRONT HUB 2-LOW KIT
Nov 15, 2016 | By Rowland
Made by BD Diesel. This is an awesome add on. Like the descriptions says you can turn tight in 4 wheel low with the Switch On you will not have any binding or hopping of your front wheels and you will have a huge increase in torque for pulling or backing a heavy trailer. Note: Low Gears are 1-5 (Automatic Trans) with a Top Speed of 25 mph at 2000 RPM (2015 Ram 2500 4x4 68RFE Automatic Stock Tires) Note: I installed using my EDGE CTS2 with AES Power Switch to use my CTS2 Touch Screen Switches. Simply AES Power Switch to BD (Switch Leads): Blue or Green-Pink, Red-Red, and Black wire to Ground at Battery or Sheet Metal. note: BD Blue wire is not used (only function is for LED indicator light if used).
Works great but...
Oct 27, 2016 | By Hank Rotering
This product was simple to install and easy to operate. But after I installed it and used it for first time I got this rapid clicking noise and slowly went away. Still works great though
BD 2 Low kit
Oct 12, 2016 | By Leater Lucas
Easy install and works Great
BD-1030705 FRONT HUB 2-LOW KIT
Aug 25, 2016 | By Huey L Conway Jr
Outstanding product, works as expected and very easily installed. I used an existing factory switch on my 2016 RAM only needed to connect 12V switched power source to the pink wire on the harness.