- About This Product
This kit is designed to allow the '19-'20, 4500/5500, '13-'20 Ram 3500, '14-'20 Ram 2500 and '09-'20 Ram 1500 truck owner to manually disable the front wheel drive mechanism by holding the hubs free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD-Low range. Allows to have full power and torque while in a high gear reduction applied to the rear axle(s) only.
With this BD kit installed, the front wheels will NOT be driven through the transfer case.
- Installation is simple, the kit plugs in below the glove box
- No wire cutting or splicing and no wires through the firewall
- Kit comes with an illuminated rocker switch for control and to indicate when the front axle is being overridden
- Designed to allow the operator to manually disable the front wheel drive mechanism by holding the hubs in the free (2WD) mode with the transfer case in 4WD low range
- By allowing the front wheels to be disengaged, maximum torque is available to the rear wheels
- This will also allow for sharp "All The Way Over" turns without the front axle u-joint hopping or binding