- About This Product
- Install And Tech Information
DescriptionThe TRANS-COOL patent pending fin cooling system is uniquely designed to transmit heat from the inner fins to the outer fins, thus dissipating heat from the '05-'18 Dodge Turbo Diesel G56 manual transmission.
- Holds an additional quart of transmission fluid.
- Patent-pending aluminum casting 356T6 alloy fins allow for cooling.
- Bolts securely to any 5-speed or 6-speed Dodge truck transmission.
- 1/8" drain plugs
- (2) TRANS-COOL patent pending aluminum casting 356T6 alloy units
- (12) PTO bolts and washers
- (2) PTO gaskets (install new gasket included in system kit)
- (1) 1/8" pipe plug (temperature gauge port with removable plug).
NOTE: Check for possible clearance problems with a larger aftermarket exhaust system before ordering. You will need a minimum of 4 inches of clearance from the base of the PTO mounting surface.
NOTE: 2005 trucks overlapped transmissions during the model run. To determine whether your truck has a NV4500/5600 or G56 transmission so you can order the correct TRANS-COOL, see the shift patterns below.
ReviewsWrite a review
Nov 4, 2019 | By Adam
This is a well built product but I do think people should know the following before tackling the project: 1. Thin-walled deep sockets help with the machining imperfections where the fins are 2. Even with the factory downpipe, fitment was close and the top bolt on the unit required a long extension with swivel to get a good angle 3. When installing, keep in mind where the 1/8" NPT is (if installing a gauge). I faced mine to the rear of the truck to keep the elements from spraying directly on it All in all a great product, just some food for thought. Thanks again Geno's!