- About This Product
DescriptionThe Gates Micro-V K060812HD heavy-duty serpentine belt for your Ram 1500 EcoDiesel truck is designed to be long wearing with greater load-carrying capacity for heavy service applications.
With this belt you get:
- Special belt constructions eliminate belt noise, reduce tension loss and solve problem drive applications.
- Last 50%-60% longer than value line belts.
- Extra heavy-duty construction resists cracking and wear.
- Precision ground to assure optimum belt-to-pulley fit.
- Special formation process for precise dimensional control.
- Reinforced with stretch-resistant, thermally active polyester tensile members.
- Meets or exceeds SAE J1459 specifications.
While the belt is off for replacement, give the belt tensioner pulley a spin and listen for bearing noises. A squealing belt can be a sign that the belt tensioner is failing and causing belt misalignment.
Belt Education 101: The Gates HD Option
Why should you spend $4 to $10 more for the Gates Heavy-Duty belt and what is the difference?
Answer: Because it says "HD." Seriously, it is a pain in the torque-wrench to change a belt and anything at a small price premium to prolong the maintenance interval is better, right?
Here's the pitch: Unrealized by the typical truck owner, Gates accessory belts are made with a synthetic rubber call EPDM. They wear much slower than previous generation belts that were made from actual rubber. The HD belts have an advanced blend of EPDM to better withstand deterioration from exposure to ozone and water-based coolants.
The HD belts are built specifically for diesel engines with their higher shock loads. They have stronger internal cording strength than the standard belts. Life expectancy for the HD belt is 10 to 20% better than the standard belt.
BE SYSTEM SMART
The best way to prevent belt failure is to Be System Smart and think I60 & R90. Inspect the serpentine system at 60K miles and replace worn components by 90K miles or as advised by the manufacturer.
Download GATES Belt Information Infographic.pdf