- About This Product
- Install And Tech Information
DescriptionA common failure point of the 2nd Generation Dodge 2500/3500 4WD Truck steering gearboxes is the lower sector shaft bearing and seal. This is due to the OEM single bearing design.
PSC now offers an Extreme Duty replacement that features a 45MM sector shaft and bearing that virtually eliminates side-to-side deflection. Designed with a 16:1 steering ratio that delivers 3.25 turns lock-to-lock and a modern variable valve for stable on-the-road driving and effortless maneuvering.
- Reuses OEM pitman arm
- 45mm bearing and sector shaft to eliminate any side-to-side flex
- 16:1 ratio for easier parking and less turns lock-to-lock
- Relocated and larger bearings for better sector shaft stability
- 80MM piston
- Fits 4WD trucks with T-style steering and inverted Y-style linkage
- Has same input shaft as factory gear box so OEM or Borgeson steering shaft is a direct bolt-on
- Will not work with any steering box braces
- New pressure and return line O-rings included
NOTE: Due to the increased overall size of the PSC XD steering gear, spacers are included in the kit to space the gear box off the frame. There is a 1" difference from the OEM steering gear. We suggest trimming the draglink and tie-rod at pitman arm 1/2" to clear for alignment. Some stock height trucks may need to trim the draglink threads 1/2" depending on the height of the front end.
NOTE: This Kit fits the '94-'02 Ram 2500/3500 4WD trucks.
NOTE: This PSC Steering Box Kit is not compatible with any aftermarket steering box braces.
NOTE: This steering box will not work on Cab/Chassis trucks as they use a different chassis than the pickup trucks.
NOTE: If you have aftermarket steering linkage like Synergy Manufacturing, please call to discuss before ordering.